Friday, March 6, 2015

friday night thoughts: my fears and & krispie treats.

happy friday, everyone!

i've got sam smith and maroon 5 on spotify as i sit here on this snowy friday night, and i have a lot on my mind.

um, that delta flight in new york that lost its grip on the runway as it was landing? MY WORST NIGHTMARE. for those of you who know me really well, my number one fear in life is flying. the takeoff, turbulence, awkward social conversation with your stinky seatmates, ALL OF IT is no bueno. not a fan at all. because i went to hawaii for college, i had my fair share of flying back and forth for holidays and such, but that doesn't mean it made it easier. flying for five and a half hours over the dark, deep, shark-infested ocean did not make it any easier at all. or flying to new zealand overnight with the worst turbulence i've ever felt. i'm pretty sure i was the only person awake on that plane because i was white-knuckled to my seat. luckily, in both of these instances, a beautiful island was waiting for me so it was all worth it. but seriously? flying and i are not friends. thinking about how many flights i've gone on in my lifetime, you would think i would be used to it by now. sheesh! i was watching on the today show this morning an interview of a passenger on board of that flight, and she said that you never realize how fast a plane is going when it lands, until you don't have any brakes. ugh! i cannot even imagine. thankfully, all of the people on board that delta flight were safe and uninjured, but still! how terrifying! 

another one of my biggest fears? drowning and swimming in water that i can't see through. when i was in high school, one of my best friends used to take me to black lake in olympia, washington a lot. but i never wanted to swim in the water because i couldn't see underneath it, and obviously some prehistoric dinosaur shark with humongous teeth was going to pull me under and eat me in two seconds. at that time, i eventually got over it, but since living in hawaii with crystal blue water, that fear has once again come to the surface. anyone else feel this way?

have i ever told anyone about my celebrity crushes on john krasinski and adam levine? one of my favorite TV shows is the office, and john krasinski plays the charming hunk jim halpert. oh gosh, he is so cute and funny. putting dwight's stapler in jello, making quad-desk, him and pam getting married (faint), and pretty much everything he says made me laugh/cry/swoon every time. pretty much obsessed. and adam levine? oh man- extremely handsome + amazing voice + genuine criticism as a coach = major hunk. luckily , i have my own extremely handsome, incredibly talented, sweetheart of a husband that i get to have every day of my life. i'm the luckiest! 

liam did the funniest thing today! he's discovered that if he clenches onto me like a sloth when i'm holding him in my arms, that he won't fall! i would try and put him down, and he just tightened his grip. i would let go of him, and he just hung there! i was laughing SO HARD. he is the goofiest kid, and every single day he makes me so grateful to be his mother. even when he takes out a can of butternut squash soup from the garbage can and drips bright orange soup onto the carpet in a million different directions. even then, gosh, he makes me so happy. i can't wait to add another little one to our family. whenever that happens, we will be so excited and grateful. i asked liam if he wanted another brother or sister the other day, and he enthusiastically yelled, "YEAH!". i think we have the green light from him. i guess we will see what happens! 

you guys, this winter has given me a serious bug- a travel bug. i've been itching to travel somewhere new, and we are surrounded by so many awesome states that could be easy weekend trips, but where do i begin? new york, new jersey, massachusets, connecticut...and delaware is only an hour and a half from us! there are so many options! i want to keep crossing off states off of my bucket list. i'm 20/50 right now. we also want to start planning and saving for our 5th anniversary trip in 2017. we are dying to go on an Alaskan cruise! two of our best friends, matt and jess brown, live there and we are dying to see them! we've also toyed with the idea of a backpacking trip across europe, going to iceland, ireland, or back to our islands of hawaii. so many options, can't wait to do them all someday!

i made a batch of rice krispie treats tonight, with the help of my little trusty sidekick, and i'm not ashamed to admit that i ate almost half the pan before john came home. not ashamed at all! i L-O-V-E rice krispie treats, and could eat them all day every day if they didn't make me extremely large. gosh, there are so many foods i could do that with.: breakfast food, rice krispie treats, fried rice, no-bake cookies, walnuts, blueberries, ritz crackers with cheddar cheese, almond butter covered rice cakes, pineapple, mangoes, chicken salad sandwiches, anything with coconut, potbelly ice cream sandwiches, thai food...you get the idea. let's just face it, I LOVE FOOD. anything except fish, yuck! it's extremely ironic because my father is an extreme game hunter and fisherman, and i grew up with salmon/trout, but i could never stomach it. yuck! i love shrimp and crab, but fish? no thanks!

i want you all to know how grateful i am for you! all of you! to all of you that read and support my blog, THANK YOU! i use this blog as a creative and emotional outlet, so i appreciate all of the wonderful comments and positive feedback from you. thank you thank you thank you! i want to continue to add more posts during the week, and that will happen- but until then, please continue to follow my friday night thoughts, and more great things will be happening in the very near future.

these engagement pictures were taken in december of 2011, aren't we babies?!

{picture credit: Amy Nielson Photography}
still so in love with this guy, and i can't wait to celebrate 3 years of mawwage in may! but that's a whole other post in itself. 

i hope that you all have a wonderful and blissful weekend. do something for yourself, go treat yourself to something nice. you deserve it!


happy friday night, folks. 



1 comment:

  1. I love food too! I knew there was a reason I liked you! ;) Lots actually!
    I also liked Jim. He was probably my favorite character on the office. He and Dwight were just so funny.
    Thanks for your thoughts! I love reading them.

    ReplyDelete